Trails at Rowe Woods
Rowe Woods trails wind through Eastern deciduous forest, fields, streams and ponds.
Rowe Woods is in Milford, Ohio is just east of Cincinnati. It spans 1,016 acres (including 99 acres of old growth forest) and offers more than 14 miles of hiking trails.
How We Rate Our Trails
An easy trail:
- Is relatively flat
- Is less than 1.25 miles in length
- Is at least 3 feet in width
- Has stream crossings with bridges
A moderate trail:
- Contains greater elevation changes
- Is greater than 1.5 miles in length
- Varies in width
- Presents a stream crossing with abundant stepping stones
- Has a natural surface and could be muddy or slippery when wet
A difficult trail has at least one of the following characteristics:
- Has significant elevation change
- Is greater than 2.5 miles in length
- Presents a stream crossing with fewer stepping stones
- Is comparatively remote to other trails
Hike For Your Health
Pick up a Hike for Your Health passport at the Rowe Visitor Center. After completing each trail, stop by the Front Desk to get a stamp. After hiking all 15 trails at Rowe Woods and Long Branch Farm & Trails, bring your completed passport back to receive a special prize.
For more information, visit our Hike for Your Health page!
Trail Rules & Conservation Ethics
YOUR ACTIONS MATTER
Our trail rules are supported by scientific research and based on a respect for nature and other visitors. We preserve the ecology of this unique place for you and the next generation. We hope you enjoy your time outdoors with minimal impact to our land and wildlife.
- Remain on trails, boardwalks, and stepping stones to protect our habitats.
- Walk in groups of 12 or fewer. Run in groups of 6 or fewer.
- Do not litter. Pack it in, pack it out.
- Picking flowers and collecting specimens, rocks, or fossils is not allowed. Observe these treasures, and take only memories home with you.
- Feeding waterfowl and other wildlife is prohibited.
- Children 14 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Hammocking is only permitted at the Hammock Hangout posts found around the property.
- No fishing or hunting allowed.
- Weapons, including concealed firearms, are prohibited on our premises.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes and all other smoking devices, is prohibited. Welcome to a smoke-free environment!
Cincinnati Nature Center reserves the right to apply penalties or revoke a membership if a person does not follow the rules we have put in place. In such a case, no refund will be issued.
We welcome leashed and registered dogs on our trails. These rules are in place to keep our visitors, wildlife, and pets safe.
- We follow Ohio’s leash law. Dogs must be under control at all times.
- Keep your dog on the path provided.
- Clean up after your dog AND carry the bag to the nearest garbage can.
- Dogs are not permitted inside buildings.
If you see a dog off-leash, out of control, or in distress, call Visitor Services at (513) 831-1711 or (513) 965-4245.