Why should you plant native flowers, shrubs, and trees in your yard?
- Native plants are more likely to survive and thrive.
- Once established, native plants are easy to maintain, use less water and look gorgeous.
- Native plants provide food and shelter for butterflies, bees, birds and other wildlife.
- Your yard can become a much needed natural space for urban wildlife—and a safe resting spot for migrating animals like birds and Monarch butterflies.
- Your native garden will become an important part of saving our local, natural beauty by stopping invasive plants from taking over our lands.
Plant Native Programs
Click here to browse our upcoming programs on native plants, from what we're doing here to what you can do in your own space!
Click here to learn how we're helping people help pollinators & other wildlife through transforming their properties into native habitat.
Spring Native Plant Sale
Saturday, April 22 – Sunday, June 4
Visit Rowe Visitor Center for our annual Spring Native Plant Sale to gather herbs, native perennials, flowering trees, and shrubs to create a bright and beautiful garden while providing a wonderful habitat for wildlife!