Why should you plant native flowers, shrubs, and trees in your yard?
- Native plants are more likely to survive and thrive.
- Once established, native plants are easy to maintain, use less water and look gorgeous.
- Native plants provide food and shelter for butterflies, bees, birds and other wildlife.
- Your yard can become a much needed natural space for urban wildlife—and a safe resting spot for migrating animals like birds and Monarch butterflies.
- Your native garden will become an important part of saving our local, natural beauty by stopping invasive plants from taking over our lands.