Trail Rules & Conservation Ethics
YOUR ACTIONS MATTER
Our trail rules are supported by scientific research and based on a respect for nature and other visitors. We preserve the ecology of this unique place for you and the next generation. We hope you enjoy your time outdoors with minimal impact to our land and wildlife.
- Remain on trails, boardwalks, and stepping stones to protect our habitats.
- Walk in groups of 12 or fewer. Run in groups of 6 or fewer.
- Do not litter. Pack it in, pack it out.
- Picking flowers and collecting specimens, rocks, or fossils is not allowed. Observe these treasures, and take only memories home with you.
- Feeding waterfowl and other wildlife is prohibited.
- Children 14 and younger must be accompanied by an adult.
- Hammocking is only permitted at the Hammock Hangout posts found around the property.
- No fishing or hunting allowed.
- Weapons, including concealed firearms, are prohibited on our premises.
- Smoking, including e-cigarettes and all other smoking devices, is prohibited. Welcome to a smoke-free environment!
Cincinnati Nature Center reserves the right to apply penalties or revoke a membership if a person does not follow the rules we have put in place. In such a case, no refund will be issued.