The Nature Shop
Open from 10 am–5 pm daily, The Nature Shop features a variety of items, including hand-glazed ceramics, bird feeders, mason bee houses, books, apparel, jewelry, toys, and more for purchase. Many of our items are locally made and support artists and small businesses in our community. All proceeds from The Nature Shop go to support our mission of Inspiring Conservation.
The Nature Shop is closed Thanksgiving day, Christmas day, and New Year's Day.
Click here to browse our online shop.
The Nature Shop carries a variety of items, many of them locally made:
- Giftware, including kitchen and tableware
- Art prints by local artists
- Rookwood Pottery
- Charley Harper stationary and gift items
- Bird feeders and seed as well as bird, bat, and mason bee houses
- Food, including locally made peppermint tea, jellies, and spreads
- Birds & Beans™ coffee that is shade-grown in a diverse, rich habitat–the best choice for birds and certified "Bird Friendly"® by Smithsonian Migratory Bird Center. Buy a bag or purchase freshly brewed coffee at The Nature Shop. Bring your own mug and save 50 cents!
- BPA-free CamelBak and stainless steel water bottles. Full up in the Rowe Visitor Center where there are drinking fountains with filtered water.
- Children's toys, books, puzzles for all!
- Apparel for adults and children
Upcoming Nature Shop Events:
Print Like Charley Harper
Saturday, December 9 & Sunday, December 10, 11 am-3 pm (Multiple time slots available)
Try your hand at screenprinting as you pull your own Charley Harper print. Prints are made on mixed-media cotton rag paper (12 inches by 18 inches multimedia paper). This is similar to the size that Charley was working with for these images. Preregistration required. Members $11; nonmembers $17 (includes daily admission).
Click here to register!
Saturday, December 9–Saturday, January 6, 10 am–5 pm daily (except Christmas)
This holiday tradition features the artwork of renown American artist and illustrator, Charley Harper, and many other local artists who are inspired by our Woodland Wonders. Free print with $50 Charley Harper purchase. No registration required. Members free; nonmembers pay daily admission at the gate.