Things to Do
Nature in FocusBack to Things to Do
Nature in Focus
August 17—September 11, 10 am-5 pm | Rowe Visitor Center Auditorium
Join us for our annual photography exhibition, Nature in Focus—a juried exhibit featuring selected photographs by local professional and emerging artists.
MEET RALPH TYREE
Join us for a presentation by photographer Ralph Tyree. Ralph’s work perfectly captures the beauty of nature— bringing viewers into the scenery by reflecting the mood, feeling, and spirit of the moment. Ralph is our featured artist for our photography exhibition, Nature in Focus. His visual presentation will be followed by our artists' reception for Nature in Focus photography exhibits.
Call for Submissions
Cincinnati Nature Center is hosting Nature in Focus, our annual photography exhibition, in the Rowe Visitor Center Auditorium from August 17–September 11. Nature in Focus is a juried exhibit featuring selected photographs by local professional and emerging artists.
Photographers, current and past photo contest winners, and all Cincinnati Nature Center members are encouraged to apply to this photo-based exhibit.
- Cincinnati Nature Center invites all Photo Contest Participants, members of the Cincinnati Nature Center Camera Club, and Nature Center members to submit images taken at the Cincinnati Nature Center.
- Photographic artwork can be created using any photographic process: print, image transfer, emulsion transfer, encaustic, black and white, color, etc.
- Work must be original in concept and design. The Nature Shop encourages artists to sign and number their limited editions.
- A maximum of FIVE (5) original photographs taken within the last three years and NOT previously shown at the Nature Center may be submitted for jury selection.
- Deadline for entries is Wednesday, July 6 at 5 pm.
- Each photo entry must be submitted via www.wetransfer.com prior to the deadline.
- Simply go to www.wetransfer.com (use the Free version–no need to sign up for the Plus version).
- Where it says “add your files," click the + and find your photo on your desktop and select it.
- Where it says, "email to," put “firstname.lastname@example.org”
- Where it says, "your email," put your email address.
- Click transfer. It will send a download link to email@example.com.
- Photos showing visitors breaking the rules will NOT be accepted.
- The photographer assumes the responsibility of ensuring that any human subjects have given permission to be photographed and featured online, in Cincinnati Nature Center publications and/or marketing materials, and that any children have written parental consent to be featured.
- The Cincinnati Nature Center reserves the right to publish any submitted photo with any Cincinnati Nature Center materials promoting “Nature in Focus” (including print and electronic) or give to members of the media (including, but not limited to, newspapers, internet content, television, and magazines) at any time throughout the universe.
- Entries must be sent via www.wetransfer.com by Wednesday, July 6 at 5 pm.
- A panel of judges will review the entries and select “Nature in Focus” exhibitors. Selected photographers will be notified by Wednesday, July 13th.
- Photographers selected to exhibit their photographs may select up to five Cincinnati Nature Center/ nature-reflective photographs for exhibition. Each photograph must be “gallery ready”- all two-dimensional work MUST BE securely wired for hanging and where appropriate framed. All three-dimensional work must safely stand independently.
- Each photograph must be accompanied by a completed signed entry form attached to the non-viewing side of the photograph. [This form will be included in the acceptance package.]
- Each exhibiting photographer is also encouraged to bring other photographic merchandise to sell: boxed notecards, small reproductions, etc. [More information will be included in the acceptance package.]
- All work must be delivered to the Nature Shop between Friday, August 12 and Monday, August 15 (open daily 10 am-5 pm).
Thank you! We look forward to seeing your photographs & having you become a part of Nature in Focus!
If you have questions about submission or Nature in Focus, please reach out to Heather Hitchman, Nature Shop manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.